Underworld by Meg Cabot - Review


posted by Emily on , , , , , ,

1 comment

Underworld by Meg Cabot
Hardcover318 pages
Published May 8th 2012 by Point

Summary:

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn't dead.
Not this time.
But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.
Her captor, John Hayden, claims it's for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they've come back as Furies, intent on vengeance... on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.
But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there... and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.
And unless Pierce is careful, this time there'll be no escape.


My Summary:

Sorry that this review is short, but it's been a bit hectic for me these past weeks!

I couldn't wait to read this book! It's been lying around, but I haven't had time to read it till now! 

You know, now that I think back to this book, nothing really exciting happened. This was 300 pages and I think it was only 3 days. It wasn't really...woah! It's still good though.

I really love Pierce and John's romance. They're just...something that I would want! They're really cute to me. You can tell that John really does love Pierce and that he wants to protect her and in this book, we find out that Pierce actually really does love John back too. Also, I'd like to add in, Meg Cabot's way of showing that they made love was really, how should I put it, eventful. Seriously, she adds in something about rainbows and unicorns or something. She doesn't say it, but we can tell and they mention it later in the book when they talk about the real reason Persephone had to stay in the Underworld.

I'm still confused about Alex though. What happened. -The next couple sentences may confuse you, but I just don't want to spoil it- Did he, how did. What. How did they do that. Is her phone cursed or something. What. Ugh. Really. Furies suck. Ew. Agh. Really Alex, really.

Did I mention, I am in love with John. Like seriously, he is everything that any girl would jump in to get. Even if he does have his bad spots like murdering his own father, but you know, everybody makes mistakes!

Overall, it was really great! I hope the last book will be better and I hope that Pierce and John's relationship will strengthen even more! 4 Stars!





1 comment

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.