Burn For Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - Review
posted by Emily
on
4 Stars,
Contemporary,
Fantasy,
Jenny Han,
Paranormal,
Siobhan Vivian,
Young Adult
Burn For Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Hardcover, 368 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Summary:
BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...THEY GET EVEN.
Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister.
Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay.
Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him.
Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.
My Review:
The cover is stunning! That's what drew me into the book at first and after I read the summary, I immediately wanted it.
Now, this review is a bit different. Since there are three girls, I'm making this into three sections; Lillia, Kat, and Mary.
Lillia: Okay, let me start out with how I thought of her in the beginning. So she's popular and she doesn't like it. I thought she was crazy! Everybody looked up to her and now she's talking about being a new Lillia and having to act like the old Lillia. Now that's before I learned what had happened in the summer, so I'm okay with it. And let's talk about Alex. I really like him and I'd hoped they'd end up with each other, but I can clearly see she doesn't like him. But maybe she will after what's happened! I hate Rennie though. I just want to scream at her that Rennie only wants to be her friend because she has money and Rennie is dirt poor. And I did not like Nadia for a while because I thought she was hooking up with Alex, but then we find out what happens in the end and now I'm okay with her. And that's why Lillia wants revenge on Alex. Because he supposedly hooked up with her sister, Nadia.
Kat: Wow. I never thought that I would actually like somebody who did drugs. The author never really did say how she got into drugs after her friendship broke. Okay. So Rennie and Kat were best friends, but then Lillia came and Rennie broke up with Kat and became best friends with Lillia. Rennie has also became the most popular girl in school and makes up scandalous lies about Kat. So it's safe to say Kat wants revenge on Rennie. Anyways, Kat doesn't really like Nadia because she heard that she hooked up with Alex and during the summer, she was hanging out with Alex and kinda sorta maybe has a crush on him because they also kissed once! I am shipping those two. Alex and Kat. Kat and Alex. Klex. Alt. Whatever. Anyways, I'm hoping those two love birds can get out of their nests and talk through their misunderstandings.
Mary: I feel bad for her. Long story short, Mary was fat. Reeve made fun of her. Mary almost died. Reeve caused it. Reeve was her sorta friend, but not in public. Mary moved. Mary moved back, she's skinny now. Reeve doesn't recognize her. Homecoming comes. Reeve finally recognizes her, calls her Big Easy. And anyways, she's getting revenge on Reeve. And Mary is 'special' too.
Overall, this book was good! I can't wait to read the second. I cannot believe it ended like that! omg. 4 Stars!
Also, did you guys notice the cover? Okay. So the asian on the right is obviously Lillia. The one on the left you can tell is Kat because of her dark clothes and such. And the middle is Mary because of her necklace! omg. I was so proud of myself for noticing it.


good review! and i was just wonderin how did Kat get revenge on Rennies.... i read it and cannot remember and just want to refresh my memory! thanks :)