Blog Tour! Ephemeral by Addison Moore
posted by Emily
on
4.5 Stars,
Addison Moore,
Blog Tour,
Book Review,
Fantasy,
Paranormal,
Romance,
Young Adult
Ephemeral by Addison Moore
Kindle Edition, 412 pages
Published September 12th 2012 by Addison Moore
Summary:
The last thing Laken Stewart remembers is the oncoming car, then bursting through the windshield.
Two months dissolve without her knowledge and she finds herself in unfamiliar surroundings with strangers who not only profess to know her but insist she’s someone else entirely.
Laken discovers her long dead boyfriend, Wesley, has been thrown into this alternate world as well. He is quick to inform her she suffered a horrible fall and that her memory hasn’t fully returned. According to Wesley the other life she had—her name, her family, they were simply a side effect of her brain trauma.
In her quest for answers she meets Cooper Flanders, the son of her psychiatrist who readily believes every word she says.
Laken Stewart knows she died on that hot July afternoon, but now she’s alive—or is she?
My Review:
I really liked this book! The cover is gorgeous!
Let me just say, I was rooting for Wesley throughout the whole book. Even if he was a bit different, he still loved her so I don't see why it had to be that way! Team Wesken all the way! Cooper is a whole different story. I thought he was okay, but he just flirted with her way too much. And he knows she's taken, but he still does it!
I was confused with all the Spectator, Count, Celestra, etc. business. I got confused with who got what powers and what they did. I'm sorry, but I didn't really catch on to that part. All I know is Spectators are bad and Counts are also kinda bad too because they want Celestra blood. And I think there are other factions too, but I don't remember them.
Also, why does everybody have it out for Laken! What did she do. I kinda hate her for cheating. She's basically having a secret relationship with Cooper behind Wesley's back! Also, these characters have way too much hormones.
Overall, I really do like this plot with the idea of a separate world. I don't think I've ever seen another book like this one and that's what makes this book so great! 4.5 Stars!

