Blog Tour! Fade/Falling by Kailin Gow


posted by Emily on , , , , , , ,

1 comment

Fade (Fade, #1)Fade/Falling by Kailin Gow
Paperback226 pages
Published August 15th 2011 by Edge by Sparklesoup

Paperback230 pages
Published November 16th 2011 by Edge

Summary:

A Thriller from Bestselling Author Kailin GowWhat if you found out you never existed?"My name is Celestra Caine. I am seventeen years old, which makes me a senior at Richmond High. I never thought this would happen to me, but it has... I'm one of those people you see every day, go to school with, remember seeing at the supermarket or the mall, and then one day you don't hear about them any longer. They're gone, and eventually, you forget them.

My Review:

Honestly, it's a good book. It's what you'd expect from a good book. 

I found it a bit confusing in the beginning of the story. What was going on?! But it started explaining itself throughout the story. And one thing about the book too, I really liked that the author could stretch out a few days into a book. I find that a really admirable trait from authors because I certainly can't do that. I'm not very good with details. 

But one thing I have to say is that the book either went too fast for such a small book, or that it went too slow. The book is kinda thin and the author could fit a whole chunk into it. It did go a bit slow in my opinion and I really hope that the author will be more like the turtle. Slow and steady. 

Overall, it was a good enough. 3 Stars.

Summary:

Falling (Fade, #2)
What is Celestra Caine? Who is she and did she ever existed? The Faders and the Others clash at the Underground, sending everything into a tailspin. Celestra is pulled into more intrigue, more danger, and more romance, as she discovers who she is and why everyone wants to get her in Book 2 of the FADE series.

My Review:

I got the same feeling with this book as the first. It's short, but it still good. 

Falling starts where Fade ended. I like books that start this way. I know exactly what happened and there's no'sumer break' for me in reading about them.

Falling has a lot more action than Fade. We get to know more of her 'wild side' as I would call it. Falling also makes us choose between Jack and Grayson. I'm on Grayson's side though. 

This book shows off a whole bunch of things we haven't learned and more. I'd have to say this was better than the first. 

Overall, this book was good. 3.5 Stars.




Kailin GowAuthor Bio
Kailin Gow uses her author platform to bring awareness to issues affecting young adult and women. 
She has appeared on national radio as a regular guest on topics such as body image, self-esteem, dating and sexual relationships, bullying, and more; often brought up in her fiction books for young adults and women. She has won multiple awards from the International Book Awards and the Green Book Festival. Selling over half a million books, Kailin Gow has been a bestselling author of over 100 distinct books which includes the Desire Series, PULSE, Wicked Woods, and the Frost Series. She has been professionally published since 2001. She was one of the first authors for young readers to write books for girls with supernatural elements. Her first book series about extraordinary girls guided by an angel in 2001, was a success, selling thousands of print copies in days, and inspiring girl book clubs around the U.S. In 2003, she came out with more series, including The Fairy Rose Chronicles, about fairies in Feyland. Her books have been recommended by PBS Kids, US Mental Health Association, the PTA, and homeschooling associations in the United States.


Links:Website: www.KailinGowBooks.comBlog: http://KailinGow.Wordpress.comTwitter: http://Twitter.com/KailinGowFacebook: http://Facebook.com/KailinGowBooksGoodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/KailinGow

1 comment

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.