Prowl by Amber Garza
Paperback, 216 pages
Published January 20th 2012 by Createspace
Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Mackenzie Smith is sent away to spend a boring summer at her grandma's. But then she meets Wesley. He tells her exactly what she wants to hear and has information about her past that no one else knows. It's almost like he can read her mind.
Only Wesley isn't who he seems.
By the time Mackenzie discovers his true identity it may be too late. She's in too deep and he won't let her go. Now Mackenzie must call on the strongest power of all in order to save her life.
My Review:
I had no idea that this was a religious-y type of book. I've never read something like this, but I really like it!
This book made my eyes pop open wide trying to read fast to see what would happen next! I read this in an hour or two without stopping!
I really liked Issac, but in the beginning, I thought he was evil. I mean, he didn't like Rhiannon and Rhiannon didn't like him! That's suspicious to me! Is one of them evil? Why do they hate each other? We learn why in the end though!
The one thing I didn't like was that they were playing with Ouija boards! Don't they know how dangerous they are? I will never play with one of those!
And I have a suspicion that Wesley won't give up that quick. When Haley called Kenzie and told her she met someone new, I had this sneaking suspicion that the someone new was Wesley.
Overall, I really liked this book! I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this trilogy! 4 Stars!
Author Interview:
1. What inspired you to make this book?I wanted to write a book for Christian teens that was similar to the popular teen books that are already in the market, but with a message of hope and truth.
2. Have you ever dealed with ghosts?
Not ghosts, but demons yes.
3. Have you ever played with an Ouija board?
Yes, actually and that was the basis for this book. When I was a teenager I used to play on a Ouija board and the same name always came on every time I played. It took years before I realized that it was most likely a demon.
4. Do you any similarities with Kenzie?
When I was younger I definitely dealt with self-esteem and depression issues. Being a teenager is hard and kids have a difficult time accepting and loving themselves – I was no exception. Not until I truly realized who I was to God, did I learn to love myself and be proud of who I was.
5. What gave you the idea of having those kind of spiritual issues?
My personal experiences, as well as spending a lot of time in prayer before and while writing.
6. Have you gone through something like Kenzie has?
Yes, but not at all to the extent that she did. It is fiction, after all and my first priority was to entertain.
About the Author
My name is Amber Garza and I LOVE to write. I’ve had a passion for writing since I was a little girl, making books out of notebook paper and staples. As an adult I’ve worked hard to make my dream of being published a reality. The Prowl Trilogy is my first finished series.. My next series will be out this October.
Click these links to buy my Christian teen thrillers PROWL, ENTICE, UNVEIL Or click here to read my single-title adult suspense novel: ENGRAVED
Here's the link back to the master tour site!http://iluvtours.blogspot.com/ 2012/09/prowl-trilogy-now-on- tour.html
Be sure to check back to that site to see who's on tour next!
About the Author
My name is Amber Garza and I LOVE to write. I’ve had a passion for writing since I was a little girl, making books out of notebook paper and staples. As an adult I’ve worked hard to make my dream of being published a reality. The Prowl Trilogy is my first finished series.. My next series will be out this October.


Thanks for the post..:D
*Amber Gaza's recent blog post is an excerpt of Dazzle.
I would like to thank you for a fantastic book giveaway, that i would love to have the oportunity of reading & reviewing! I adore this genre and the storyline sounds truly origional like nothing i have encountered before.
Thank you. x
Email: lfountain1(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk
Her most recent blog was an excerpt of Dazzle. This book sounds great, would love a chance to read it. julierupert@gmail.com
Thank you Emily! Glad you enjoyed the book!
Her recent blog post is Excerpt – Chapter One, DAZZLE. The story is very beautiful and Mackenzie seems very interesting character.
Thank you for the giveaway!
Artemis
artgiote at gmail dot com