Blog Tour + Giveaway! Anew by Chelsea Fine


posted by Emily on , , , , , , , , , ,

10 comments

Anew by Chelsea Fine
Paperback385 pages
Published December 7th 2011 by Acacia Publishing

Summary:

Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice. 
Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer. 
Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.

My Review:

Okay. I cannot believe that I didn't read this sooner than now because this is seriously the best book. It's amazing!

If you guys friended me on goodreads, you might have have seen me write an update while I was just beginning the book. I said that this reminded me of The Vampire Diaries with 2 immortal brothers that are in love with 1 girl. It did remind me of it, but now I can see the differences and it is not like The Vampire Diaries at all.

I really love Gabriel's character. He's super sweet and really nice. I was thinking about what Scarlet said though. How with his curse, does he only love her because he can only love her and no one else? But the other parts of the book really make up for that because Scarlet can see the love in his eyes when he looks at her.

Tristan is okay to me, but he is a jerk. Even if he's trying to protect her.

I really hope that she ends up with Gabriel. I have this feeling though, because of what Nate said about Tristan and her's connection being really strong, that in her past life before she died, she was having an affair with Tristan and I do not like that! Yes to Gabriel, No to Tristan!

I am confused about how her memory is all gone. I mean, in her past lives, she remembered everything, but now she can't? What's going on. And those head ghost things and that guy who turned into ashes.

And I was so sad when I read the part where Gabriel saw Scarlet's stomach after she drew that picture. And now I'm more sad because I'm listening to the song on Chelsea Fine's playlist that goes with this exact part in the book.

Overall, this book was, as my best friend would say, FABULOUS. It was absolutely gorgeous and awesome and incredible. I seriously want to read the second and third book and all the books after. I now love Chelsea Fine!  5 FREAKING STARS! I'm wondering if I can ask her if I can review her series!



Author Interview:

1. What inspired you to write a book like this?

I wanted to write a love triangle that wasn’t born of pettiness, but rather forged out of sacrifice and loyalty. Usually love triangles involve two guys fighting over a girl. Not mine. My “two guys” are brothers and they care about each other and work together to help save Scarlet, the girl they both love.


2. Have you ever thought about what would happen if you got amnesia?

Holy crap. Amnesia would suck. I can’t even imagine how terrifying it would be to lose your memory. There was this TV show on a while ago called Samantha Who? and Christina Applegate’s character was an amnesiac who was trying to live a normal life despite her memory loss, but she kept having flashbacks of her previous life and it turned out she used to be an awful person. That would be a big bummer. You get hit by a car or something and lose all your memories, only to find out that you used to be a wicked witch? That’s not fun for anyone. But uh, yeah. I kind of went off topic there, didn’t I? Haha. To sum up: I think amnesia would be incredibly frightening and the only way I would probably be able to handle it was if two hot, immortal guys were in love with me. ;)

3. Have you ever had conflicting feelings between two guys before?

Yes. Sometimes I love Damon Salvatore and sometimes I love Stefan Salvatore. It’s tragic, really. Redemptive Damon is so loveable and messed up that I just want to fix him! With my mouth. ;) But evil Stefan, when he’s all passionate and impulsive and eating everybody *sigh* I just want to offer up my neck. *shrugs* What’s a girl to do?

4. Have you ever been to a kissing festival? What gave you the idea for one?

No. :) And when I wrote the Kissing Festival in Anew, I totally didn’t think there was any such thing. I just wanted to write some ridiculous event where people were smooching all over the place. BUT it turns out there’s a Kissing Festival held every year in Bali where teenagers are allowed to kiss publically! Haha. How awesome is that?

5. Can you explain how Scarlet only lived 6 lives in 500 years? It's just a bit confusing for me!

Haha. I know! Okay, here’s the deal (and I can’t say too much because this is a large part of book three): Plot-wise, I needed Scarlet’s lives to minimal and brief so finding the Fountain of Youth would be an urgent concern for the Archer brothers. If she just came back to life immediately after she died and got to live all sorts of lives, her curse would be more of a nuisance than a tragedy. BUT (and here’s where I get cryptic) there is a reason she only came back a handful of times. A very specific reason. ;)

6. Who would you choose? -Gabriel or Tristan-
Ahhh! :) I can’t answer this…can I? Isn’t it bad if I choose a side? I mean, I ABSOLUTELY have a side, but I can’t just go broadcasting my favorite boy. That would be like saying one of them isn’t as valuable as the other, haha. But I do, totally, have a favorite. Like, big time. ;)

And just for fun, a really random question!

Have you ever had/bought toe socks? I just got some for a friend as a joke! Thought it was funny! It has a pig on it. Haha!

Ohmygoodness, YES! I totally own a pair of toe socks! And I actually like them, haha. Mine are really long with green and white stripes and reindeer faces on the toe part. They were a White Elephant gift at a Christmas party I went to a few years ago and, at the time, I was like, “Bwahaha, what a silly present!’ but now I’m like, “Huh. These are actually quite comfy…and so fun to wear.” Haha. I should get myself some pig ones…

I just have to say, I LOVED Anew! It is seriously amazing! And it ends with a cliffhanger too! Really want to read the second one!

I’m so happy you enjoyed it! :) Book two, Awry, is available now and book three, Avow, will be out this December. Thanks for reading--and thanks for having me on your blog today, Emily! SO fun!

Author Bio:

Chelsea lives in Phoenix, AZ where she spends most of her time writing young adult fiction, painting murals, and avoiding housework at all costs.  Her obsessions include: superheroes, coffee, sleeping-in, and crazy socks.  She lives with her husband and two children, who graciously tolerate her inability to resist teenage drama on TV and her complete lack of skill in the kitchen.

Links:

And now the giveaway! 1 winner will win an e-copy of the book! It's international!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

10 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.