Blog Tour: 52 Days of 52 Reasons To Love Jessica Brody And Her Books. Plus! Giveaway!


posted by Emily on , , , , , , ,

4 comments

51 Reasons To Love Jessica Brody?

I only need one! My Life Undecided. That was the first book of hers I read and I instantly fell in love!

But here's...

1 of the 52 Reasons to Love Jessica Brody and Her Books….for 51 other reasons, visit Books Over Boys (September 1st), Stalking the Bookshelves(September 3rd) and YA Bibliophile (September 4th), and stay tuned for more!

How many of Lexington's 52 jobs did Jessica have? She thinks 5 total. (Cleaning horse stalls, washing dishes at a restaurant, catering server, waitress, and fast food restaurant employee). She almost gutted fish at a seafood restaurant (which Lexi has to do) but I was so horrified at the idea, she quit the job the day before she had to do it.

About 52 Reasons to Hate My Father (FSG, July 2012)

Being America’s favorite heiress is a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it.Lexington Larrabee has never to work a day in her life. After all, she’s the heiress to the multi-billion-dollar Larrabee Media empire. And heiresses are not supposed to work. But then again, they’re not supposed to crash brand new Mercedes convertibles into convenience stores on Sunset Blvd either.Which is why, on Lexi’s eighteenth birthday, her ever-absent, tycoon father decides to take a more proactive approach to her wayward life. Every week for the next year, she will have to take on a different low-wage job if she ever wants to receive her beloved trust fund. But if there’s anything worse than working as a maid, a dishwasher, and a fast-food restaurant employee, it’s dealing with Luke, the arrogant, albeit moderately attractive, college intern her father has assigned to keep tabs on her.In a hilarious “comedy of heiress” about family, forgiveness, good intentions, and best of all, second chances, Lexi learns that love can be unconditional, money can be immaterial, and, regardless of age, everyone needs a little saving. And although she might have 52 reasons to hate her father, she only needs one reason to love him.


52 Reasons to Hate My Father Excerpt: http://www.jessicabrody.com/books/teen-fiction/52-reasons-to-hate-my-father/about-the-book
52 Reasons to Hate My Father Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YjWYB327yHc
The Making of the 52 Reasons to Hate My Father Book Trailerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRuX1LkvDlw&feature=youtu.be


My Review:

Yes. Yes. Totally yes. I loved this! Jessica Brody is amazing!

I love Lexi's story. At first we think she's just a spoiled heiress, but throughout the book we learn that she's more than that. She proves herself to be responsible and mature. 


I really love Luke! Well, not when he's all arrogant though. I liked the way he acted towards the end of the book, but not in the beginning because, well, we see him in Lexi's point of view and she didn't exactly like him when they first met! 

I felt all sad for Lexi though. During that one point in the book where she yells at Luke about how it was her father's fault she was the way she was and about the holidays alone with the help. That really made me feel for her. I can't imagine not being with family at all. I can't even picture Lexi alone during Christmas with no dad without feeling sad. 

But when I discovered that Lexi's dad was still in mourning for her mom, that was when my heart really broke. He's still in love with his wife after more than 10 years.  He doesn't even love anymore just because of what happened!

Overall, this book was fantastic! I love the ending, but I also didn't want her dad to do what he did! He poured his everything into building that company! Oh well. 5 Stars!


Author Interview


Q.    What made you want to write a book like this?

A. I love funny stories. Especially “Fish-out-of-Water” stories. Legally Blonde is my all time favorite. I think there’s a lot of humor to be found when a certain character is placed in the most uncomfortable “out-of-place” situation for him/her. I wanted to write a story like that. So when I came up with the idea of a girl who has to take on 52 jobs over the course of the year, I thought to myself, “What’s the funniest, most entertaining character to put in that situation?” And the answer came immediately: A spoiled teen heiress who has never had to work a day in her life!

  

Q.  Do you think you have some similarities with Lexi?


A. As much as I’d like to say Lexi and I share NO similarities (because after all, she’s a spoiled brat!) I don’t think I could say that. I think it’s inevitable that something from the author will rub off on all characters, like a parent to a child. With Lexi, I think Lexi got a little bit of my stubbornness, my need to be in control all the time, and my sarcasm.

 Q.   Would you want Lexi's life?


A. Haha! Never. I just want her money. (: 

 Q. What would you do with 25 million dollars?


A. I probably should say something nice and responsible like, “I would give it all to charity!” But the truth is, I’d probably buy a yacht. And hire someone to drive the yacht. Then I’d give a bunch to charity. A charity that will put an end to evil puppy mills. It’s the cause I’m most active about.


Q. Who would you choose?  -The Intern or The Hot European Dude


A. LOL! Great question! So, when I wrote this book, I assumed everyone would see what a jerk Mendi was an all my readers would be Team Luke, all the way. In my mind, Mendi was always the evil villain of the story! (Well, him and Caroline, the publicist). But then I gave an early copy of the manuscript to my sister to read and she said, “I want her to end up with Mendi!” And I was like, “really?” And then a bunch of other people said the same thing. But me personally, I’ll always choose intern Luke. I adore him. He’s SOOO my type. Haha! Although the actor who played Mendi in the trailer was pretty freaking hot. He almost made me change my mind.
 Thanks for the super fun interview!

( I actually have to admit, I kinda wanted her to end up with Mendi too! )

And..We have a giveaway! 3 lucky readers will get to win their own copy of Jessica Brody's book! Good luck guys!(:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.