Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster - Review


posted by Emily on , , , , , ,

1 comment

Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster

Hardcover240 pages
Published March 8th 2011 by EgmontUSA (first published January 3rd 2011)

Summary: 

Kyle Straker volunteered to be hypnotized at the annual community talent show, expecting the same old lame amateur acts. But when he wakes up, his world will never be the same. Televisions and computers no longer work, but a strange language streams across their screens. Everyone’s behaving oddly. It’s as if Kyle doesn’t exit. Is this nightmare a result of the hypnosis? Will Kyle wake up with a snap of fingers to roars of laughter? Or is this something much more sinister?
Narrated on a set of found cassette tapes at an unspecified point in the future, Human.4 is an absolutely chilling look at technology gone too far. 

My Review:

This was actually a bit creepy to me, but it's good!

This really opened my eyes about humans. What this is about. It's really interesting. The idea that we get 'upgraded'. That we are changed without even knowing it, that we can even forget the most important people to us.

I didn't really understand some parts in it. Like the tape recordings. It was confusing to me!

There was a bit romance between Lilly and Kyle. I didn't really like it though because Lilly already had a boyfriend...Who doesn't even remember her anymore. But still! Simon seemed like a really good guy.

But Danny. Danny, Danny, Danny. Oh Danny. What happened with him? Did he get taken over by something? He didn't look like a bad guy in the beginning! And how did he know so much about what had happened? Is he in cahoots with the 'aliens'?

There's this one thing in the book that I'm really interested in. The Silo. I know that they didn't go into it, but I think I might have. I want to live my life out even if I get all weird and different, but at least people know and remember me. I don't want to be alone.

Overall, this is a really good read! I can't wait to start the sequel! 4 Stars!



1 comment

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.