Crossed by Ally Condie - Review
posted by Emily
on
3.5 Stars,
Ally Condie,
Book Review,
Dystopian,
Romance,
Young Adult
Crossed by Ally Condie
Hardcover, 367 pages
Published November 1st 2011 by Dutton Juvenile
Summary:
Rules Are Different Outside The Society
Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever.
My Review:
I really, really hoped this book would be as good as Matched, but it wasn't.
She starts out at this place in the beginning. I still don't understand how she got there. Was she punished? Did her parents send her there? And when Xander gets there to visit her, she doesn't even really appreciates it. All she does on their 'date' is go to a museum. (I didn't know that she was so close to a city?! I thought it was a work camp!) And she doesn't even talk to Xander much. She just asks this museum worker guy questions. She barely even talks to Xander. I mean, I'm really hoping that maybe Xander and Cassia end up. Ky is ok, but Cassia doesn't even spare Xander a second look once Ky comes into the picture! She instantly falls for someone that ends up on her disk. She could of just tried to not be with Ky. She should of believe it was a mistake! If she did, none of this would've ever happened! Seriously, who could not love Xander? He's in the rebellion because he wants to! Ky doesn't want to be in it and only went because of Cassia.
And Indie! Indie just falls in love with Xander just after she sees one tiny video of him! She must think they're soooo compatible after seeing what they had in common. And all those dead people? Just plain creepy.
It's so sad for Xander. To see the person he loves fall for someone else. I thought it was so sad when I read the part where Xander knew that he had lost Cassia.
And I still can't believe Cassia just left everything to go to into that place just for Ky. She wouldn't do that for Xander, but Xander would do that for her. She didn't even care about what her parents would feel when they heard that she was probably dead! She didn't care about her brother's feelings!
Overall, this is just my huge ranting of how badly I thought this book was written. Matched was really good! What happened? I should really have given this a 2 star, but I'm still hoping that Xander and Cassia will be together. I hope Reached will be much better. Anyways,...I'm rooting for Xander! 3.5 Stars!