Beneath The Glitter - Review
posted by Emily
on
4 Stars,
ARC,
Book Review,
Contemporary,
Elle and Blair Fowler,
Young Adult
Beneath The Glitter by Elle and Blair Fowler
Hardcover, 288 pages
Expected publication: September 4th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin
I got this ARC from Netgalley and this is my own personal opinion.
Summary:
From internet stars Elle and Blair Fowler comes a scintillating new novel that takes readers Beneath the Glitter of the glitzy L.A. social scene.
Welcome to a place where dreams are made. And where nothing—and no one—is ever what it seems.
After their make-up and fashion videos went viral on YouTube, sisters Sophia and Ava London are thrust into the exclusive life of the Los Angeles elite. Here fabulous parties, air kisses, paparazzi and hot guys all come with the scene. Sophia finds herself torn between a gorgeous bartender and a millionaire playboy, and Ava starts dating an A-list actor. But as they’re about to discover, the life they’ve always dreamed of comes with a cost.Beneath the glitter of the Hollywood social scene lies a world of ruthless ambition, vicious gossip…and betrayal. Someone close to them, someone they trust, is working in the shadows to bring the London sisters falling down. And once the betrayal is complete, Sophia and Ava find themselves knee-deep in a scandal that could take away everything they care about, including the one thing that matters most—each other.
My Review:
I actually do watch Elle and Blair on youtube, and I have to say, I didn't think this book would actually be as good as it is! I read some of the reviews on goodreads and some of readers don't like it, but I do!
This book is supposed to be a bit based on their life and after hearing that, every time I came across some things, I wondered if that actually happened to them. Some of the things that are true that they do do is that they make youtube videos and they have launched their own makeup line. And, of course, that they're sisters.
This actually isn't just about Sophia and Ava's lives as famous youtubers, but the problems that happens. It goes through the ups and downs of their relationship with each other and with some guys.
That was my favorite parts of the book; How even sisters drift apart and how strong their love for each other is.
Also, I love the chapter titles! They are really creative! Some examples of them are, "When You Wish Upon A Bar" and "Textify!"
There was one thing that annoyed though. At some parts in the book there were sentences that were in all caps and I know it's supposed to be like they're screaming, but I didn't like it.
And I'm guessing there will be a sequel after reading the epilogue!
Overall, if you really like Elle and Blair, you HAVE to read this! But even if you don't, still, read this! 4 Stars!
I never heard of these youtubers before or of this book. But, it sounds kind of nice. I have to check out their channel first. :) Great review.
Glad you enjoyed it even with the negative aspects. I love books with strong familial aspects too.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog
Glad you liked it. I hadn't heard of this one before. Thanks for the review! :D