Blog Tour! The Dirt by Lori Culwell


posted by Emily on , , , , ,

No comments

The Dirt by Lori Culwell
Kindle Edition205 pages
Published November 22nd 2011 by Booktrope Editions (first published November 11th 2011)

Summary:

Lucy Whitley cannot wait to get out of Palm Desert. It’s not a place for a frizzy-haired science nerd, particularly when her fashion-obsessed older sister Sloane is the head of a clique of pretty girls who rule the school—and practically the whole town.Fortunately, life is about to change forever. Lucy’s dad is getting re-married, and then she can transfer to a boarding school in Connecticut, escaping all the mean girls and the endless whispers about the Whitley family scandal. Everything is going to be perfect—as long as the wedding goes smoothly.

My Review:

Let me start by saying the cover is gorgeous! That's what drew me into the book in the first place! 

Okay, this was a really good book. It reminded me of Mean Girls. With the Big Bad Sloane as Regina George. She rules the school with her group called the PG. (Pretty Girls) What sucks for Lucy is that Sloane is her sister. Lucy is the nerdy girl and is always compared to Sloane. Sloane is the pretty sister who got all the pretty genes. 

Let's get to their mom. Their mom left 9 years ago with their sister Megan and now out of the blue Megan comes back. Megan and Sloane are like polar opposites.

What I liked the most is that we get to see the life of a PG. See how they work and how they are. PGs are nice when you're one of them, but they're a meanie when you're not. 

I actually thought that Sloane was being nice on purpose, but once a PG never a NPG. Unless you're her sisters. Then you're a NPG. Now, I understand why she did that to Megan, but she could've been nicer to Lucy. I don't think Lucy deserved it. Sloane deserved everything she got though.

Overall, this was a super great book! 4.5 Stars.

Lori Culwell

Check out the rest of the tour! http://atomrbookblogtours.com/2012/08/21/tour-the-dirt-by-lori-culwell/

Lori Culwell

Social Media links:
FacebookWebsiteTwitter: @loriculwell Links to find/buy book:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/279184.Lori_Culwellhttp://www.amazon.com/The-Dirt-ebook/dp/B006CUNP0Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1353304503&sr=1-1&keywords=the+dirt+lori+culwellhttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-dirt-lori-culwell/1107550456?ean=9781935961369


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.