The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter - Review


posted by Emily on , , , , , ,

1 comment


The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Paperback293 pages
Published April 19th 2011 by Harlequin Teen

Summary:

Every girl who had taken the test has died.Now it's Kate's turn.It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.If she fails...

Review:

I've always been a huge fan of greek mythology, specifically the Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan, so when I heard about this series I immediately wanted to read it!


The main character is Kate. She's pretty decent and a good enough heroine. I find romance and crushes in books to be really cute so I couldn't help squealing when Kate and Henry, the dude who said he was a god, kissed. Also, I hate how in the book they barely reacted to each other. They didn't really seem like they had chemistry even though Kate liked him, but she couldn't tell if he liked her back. 


This book was good enough. The summary made it seem a lot more exciting then it actually is. This book is about a girl who somehow ends up living with this dude who tell her that he's a god and he'll make her his queen if she passes 7 tests and doesn't die. Of course no normal girl would agree to that but her mother was dying and he said he would help her live a bit longer. So yeah, throughout the book, she goes through the tests and in the end something happens and jeopardizes her chances. And like most other books, she falls in love with her 'captor'. 


All in all, this book had a lot of faults, but a lot if good things made up for those. 3 Stars! 




1 comment

Leave a Reply

Thanks so much by stopping by and leaving a comment! I love comments and I read everyone!

Powered by Blogger.